This regency era coat was first worn by Colin Firth as Mr.Darcy in the 1995 production of Pride and Prejudice, and then went on to be worn by J.J. Feild as Mr.Nobley in the film Austenland. At first glance the coat does not even seem to be the same, but there are a few clues, such as the button placement and overall cut of the garment, though the actual buttons seem to have been changed. Confirmation, however, comes from Shannon Hale, the author of Austenland. She states on her website that they are indeed one in the same:
"Later, I find out the costume coat and hat J.J. Feild is wearing are the same ones Colin Firth wore in Pride & Prejudice. Somehow, I’ve managed to enter Austenland. It’s ridiculous. And it’s so much fun."
Costume Credit: Emma
E-mail Submissions: email@example.com
WOW. Just a few months ago I was doing a giveaway for 5k followers and now there are over 10k of you? ASLFLKDJFG. Thank you for following me and putting up with my randomness and Captain Swan spams. <3 I know I say this all the time but seriously, I never thought I’d get over 100 followers. SERIOUSLY. Y’all are amazing and I love you all. <333
But yeah, this is the exact same giveaway I did last time but it was pretty popular and I’m boring so why not do it again. Ha! These are Once Upon a Time character necklaces and the last winners really liked the ones they picked so yeah. :) And I’m only giving away these necklaces because this is kind of a Once/Captain Swan blog if you couldn’t tell. Hahaha. :)
Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor!Rules:
- Must be following me since this is a thank you to my followers.
- Reblogs only. You can like the post but it won’t count.
- You can reblog as many times as you like.
- No giveaway blogs, please.
- Giveaway ends on October 15th, 2014 at 11:59PM EST.Winners:
- There will be three winners selected.
- The winners will be selected by me closing my eyes and scrolling through the notes and stopping at a random one. Ha! :)
- Each winner will have their choice of one necklace listed above.
- I will contact each winner on October 17, 2014. If you don’t reply within 2 days, I will pick another winner.
- Open to everyone, no matter where you are!
- You must be willing to give me your address so I can have the Etsy maker ship it directly to you.If you have any questions, send me a message.
I love how Taylor is personally on Tumblr now, she’s going to see first hand how we will all lose our minds when 1989 comes out. I’m not prepared.